CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bailey, Morgan and "Wall *E" Shepard??

My child is obsessed with Wall*E... And I know this isn't earth shattering news to any of you... but indulge me for a moment... because the "Wall*E obsession 2009" has escalated!
Bailey wears her Wall*E jacket almost everyday. I can't get it into and out of the wash quick enough and it doesn't matter if it is 97 degrees outside, Wall*E is on that girl's body. Bailey also loves Eve and carries the doll with her everywhere. No matter what picture I take, or place I go- Bailey has both of her friends.. on and in tow.... Both endearing and slightly maddening... Bailey wearing Wall*E and carrying Eve.
Bailey jumping on the trampoline...wearing Wall*E and carrying Eve.

Bailey sleeping... wearing (you guessed it) Wall*E and cuddling with Eve.


Now, this has been the norm for months with no complaints here...well minus the battles that ensue when the jacket needs washing... It wasn't until the other day that I became concerned...

Me: What is your name?
Bailey: Bailey Rion Shepard.
Me: What is your sisters name?
Bailey: Morgan Jean Shepard.
Me: What is daddy's name?
Bailey: Daddy Shepard. (cute, I know)
Me: What is my name?
Bailey: Erin Shepard. (Yeah, I get called Erin all the time...)
Me: Awesome Bai! You are so smart!


Bailey looks at me lovingly and gives me a hug and is pleased with herself... as she should be. Then, with the same loving glance- she looks down at her Wall*E jacket and then up at me.

Bailey: Oh Mommy! Wall*E Wall*E Shepard!
We each gave Wall*E a hug and it was then that I realized... he's a part of our family... We could be worse off, right?
I love this kid.. and Wall*E....

2 comments:

Jessica GaleForce

how funny..I think I went through that stage too :) Good luck

Randi

I think we may be a couple fo weeks away from adopting Wall-E ourselves.

I love those two!