CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

UNFAIR!!

When I was little, if and when I got sick, my mom was there...To check my temperature, give me juice, tell me which medicine to take when etc.... My mom was very nurturing and accommodating. Lets fast forward to present day. I am the mom (yep, still freaks me out when I say it....) If the girls get sick, I am there to take them to the doctor, care for them... all the stuff mom's do. Well, on Saturday- I got sick. My throat hurt, I had a cough, my nose was disgusting... ugh. And for the record, I don't mind being sick. I am usually a very self-sufficient and independent person...but this bug was a doozie. All I wanted to do was sit...and stare... unfortunately, that was not going to happen. Why???

Brock got sick, too.

And may I tell you the most disturbing part of this entire situation?!? I was MAD at him for getting sick. Oh yeah- you read that right! Infuriated. I wanted to be sick by myself. I wanted someone to take care of me... to let me sit and stare, get me juice, bring me my slippers...or whatever it is people do when they feel like boo-boo. But did I get that? Nope! I ended up having to take care of him... Brock is one of the kindest, most compassionate, giving people I know-- but when he is sick-- he is a HUGE baby. Oh, and this bug was awful...(see above mentioning of the severity of the illness and its side effects...i.e. "sitting" and "staring"...) Yeah, I spent my sickly days letting HIM sleep... making sure things were still put in the laundry, waking up early with the girls...

So...I am blogging to you, my friends, feeling slightly better after my weekend bug-- reeling with thoughts of resentment and guilt.... So I need to know that I am not the horrible wife and companion that I currently feel that I am. Because while we both feel moderately better... I just want to punch his lights out. He stole my sick days... Yeah, that's how I feel.... I need therapy....

(Writers note: Although I may sound irate and irrational, I love Brock and am glad he got better...but I am still mad about losing my sick days....what is wrong with me???)
The End.

2 comments:

Randi

You have a booger in your nose! :)

I completly understand. You are a great wife...unfortunantly something no one talks about when you become a mom, a stay-at-home mom, a FULL-TIME mom is the benefits.

There aren't any. It is a 24 hour, 7 day a week gig, there are no sick days, no bonuses, no stock options, nothing. At least for now and not in this life but luckily, HE is making note, and HE will give you the greatest bonus ever.

Forgive yourself- you are amazing!
Love you!!! ( Get Better!) call me!

Lori Silva

There is justice for this I promise. Some day it will come back to you ten times fold. Its called Carma and it is beautiful. So when it happens, relish in it for all you can.
You have only just began your beautiful marriage,and you will get your turn I promise. So hang in there.

Just hope that your girls don't get whatever put you down though. I'll pray for you!:)