CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Endemic Baby Powder 2009

Contrary to (what is likely to become) popular belief, I am not a negligent parent. I am (for the most part) acutely aware of the whereabouts of my children and their activities. I will admit that I am sometimes busily tending to one child-- but what you are about to see simply shows my inability to be omnipresent... and Bailey's incredible aptitude for disaster. As I was busily cleaning up the kitchen, my first born decided to play with baby powder. This is what I found.... She was alone for 2 minutes... No lie!
This is the doorway to my bedroom....

My bathroom. Or what was left of it after "Endemic Baby Powder 2009"


Side of my bed... All over my pillows...

Her chair.



She looks frightened. I think it was my insane laughter...


My T.V. (Oh yeah, we rock it old school with our Nintendo!!)



My chair in the bathroom.



Bai started to help "clean up." She used water... Neat chemistry project. One that I wouldn't recommend using indoors...


Close up of her face....




Bathroom. Just a shot so you can take it all in... Take a few moments.... The panic will subside...


My bedside table.
But don't worry my friends, it only took about an hour and half to clean it up... And I have learned many lessons.
1- When Bailey is quiet- she is either sleeping or demolishing... Check to see which one, pronto!
2- Don't vacuum baby powder- you will get shocked.
3- Baby powder leaves a very pleasant scent when "sprinkled" on your floors....
I think I need a vacation...


9 comments:

Lindsey!

I know I need to come visit! For teh past 2 1/2 years I have lived closer to you than ever and I still haven't visited:( I promise I will try soon!

Randi

That is AWESOME!!!

Note to selves:
DO NOT LEAVE BAILEY AND LOGAN ALONE EVER!!!!

It is really and truly a good thing that God makes them so cute when they are this young, and distructive, otherwise they wouldn't have a chance in hates of making it out alive!

Hang in there, eventually they start having to do chores and then you make them make up for all the distruction they caused. :)

Jessica GaleForce

Jared and I laughed for a good couple of minutes. Great post!! And when it is quiet at our house we know the dog is into something he shouldn't be. ALWAYS!!
So its a trans-species thing apparently :D

Liz

Disastrous! Hilarious! Reminds me of when I woke up one morning to discover Faith could crawl out of her crib, AND knew where the syrup was kept, AND liked to pour it over her head and let it run down!

Laura

I found your blog through Randi's. I hope you don't mind me reading it.

Those pictures are hilarious! It's one of those times you just have to laugh, or else you will sob hysterically.

Makes me glad my youngest is 15!

nikkicrumpet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh the joys of motherhood! I bet your mom is giggling...we LOVE it when you get a little of what you gave to us!

Ami

LOL!!! And I absolutely believe you are a highly attentive parent. Its AMAZING what small children are capable of in the few SECONDS your back is turned. And of course its a vicious cycle b/c you go to clean up Disaster A and they use the opportunity to create Disaster B and it just keeps going from there.

A friend of mine had her 3 year old and his friend draw on walls with permanent markers while she was prepping lunch. So then while she's washing walls the boys emptied every piece of clothing the child owns into the swimming pool. Then when she freaked that the drawers were empty and went to fish the stuff out of the pool, they helpfully refilled the drawers with mud pies... I think the fact that she didn't kill them/duct tape them to chairs/hog tie them at this point qualifies her for Mom-of-the-year. ;)

Clint

Oh my gosh!!!! You were so not exaggerating when you told us about the baby powder fiasco! Okay, all baby powder is now off limits in the Stuckey household!!!! Linsey

Anonymous

Make sure you keep your flour and sugar cannisters out of reach. Kody made my kitchen a sandbox when he was a young'n.